Does you or someone you love suffer from chronic health problems that affect mobility and have trouble walking? This makes it very difficult to go to areas that require walking. A mobility scooter can be used to help retain mobility . Mobility scooters and lifts can increase your ability to independently move around.
There are many names for a mobility scooter. Some refer to them as electric scooters. They are also frequently called adult scooters. The mobility scooters are useful and are a huge help to both the handicapped and the elderly. They are personal movement devices that carry a seated individual. They allow you to go places, like shopping or the park, or other places you might not have otherwise been unable to do or go independently.
They that are powered by battery and can be used both indoors and out. There are so many types of scooters today on the market: Folding, transporting Scooters, Three-Wheeled Scooters, and Four-Wheeled Scooters.
The decision of the right mobility scooter for you will depend on several factors:
• Is the mobility scooter comfortable enough for you? Depending of your legs length or difficulty to sit upright.
• Will the mobility scooter be used to travel indoors or outdoors? Most mobility scooters can be used both indoors and out. A 4-wheel mobility scooter is typically better for outdoors. 3-wheel scooters are better to navigate in tight rooms because of smaller wheels and much smaller turning radius.
• Do you intend to navigate difficult terrains? Four wheels will provide you with extra power and stability.
• Do you need a mobility scooter that can be easily stored and transported? Internal or external.
• Do you want to include accessories in your mobility scooter? And of course the price of a scooter.!!
You should exactly now what you need and expect from your mobility scooter before you buy it. It is important to note that mobility scooters that will travel on main roads should be equipped with taillights and headlights with speed of 8 mph minimum, as provided by law. Today almost all mobility scooters are powered by rechargeable electric batteries. Since the battery is responsible for powering the unit, it is very important to properly maintain and use the battery.
In fact, about 40% of us are disabled or have an immediate family member who is, me included in this equation.
Our friendly staff Here at Mobile Living is here to help you find the right- high quality mobility lift product.
We do lifts for all types of vehicles. Mobile Living has been servicing Concord’s after market needs since 1968. call us or email us for a quote.